6.12.08

Instrument/Equipment List for Jeannette Isabella

So a few people have asked me specifically what I used to record "Bring a Torch Jeannette Isabella", so I figured I'd make a post so that I could also have the ability to remember in the future, like when I tell my grandkids.

Hardware:
Powerbook G4 1.33Ghz, 1 GB RAM Running OSX 10.5.5 (leopard)
Mackie 1202 vlz pro mixer
PreSonus Firebox

Software: Cubase LE4 (the version that comes with the interface)

Mics:
Some $100 Audio Technica Condenser I borrowed from a friend (mine's crap). This mic is worth more than you pay for it.

Instruments:
Baritone Ukulele
Banjo
Guitar
Toy Piano
Casio Pt-1
A big plastic storage drum I hit when I need a bass drum sound
Jingle Bells
Egg Shaker

Additional: Roommates who put up with me making a racket in the basement (thanks guys)

You really don't need expensive or fancy equipment to make good sounding recordings, contrary to what many believe. Especially when you're intentionally recording silly sounding christmas songs.

No comments: